History, Identification, and Processing
Estimated final cost: $195
Medicinal fungi have been an integral part of the human story since the earliest records of civilization. Around the world, mushrooms have been used as tonics, smudges, immune supporters, and purifiers of hearts and minds. Today, extensive peer-reviewed research has validated what traditional healers have known for millennia: fungi offer some of nature’s most powerful and transformative medicines.
In this course, you will learn the core essentials of working with medicinal fungi – from their identification to some of the best ways to process them.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- The history of medicinal mushrooms
- Mushroom medicine chemistry and pharmacology
- Identifying medicinal mushrooms
- Extensive profiles of over two dozen medicinal mushrooms
- Making high potency liquid extracts and medicinal mushroom capsules
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to readily bring the healing benefits of medicinal fungi into their lives and communities. It is an ideal complement for anyone interested in studies in herbalism, natural products chemistry, pharmacology, anthropology, and general mycological studies.
— IN return —
When you join this course, you will receive:
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of UHD video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)
— About the instructor —
Peter McCoy is the founder of MYCOLOGOS® and the author of Radical Mycology: A Treatise on Seeing & Working With Fungi, one of the most comprehensive books on accessible mycology written to date. For the last 10 years, Peter's unique approach to working with fungi has brought him to present to tens of thousands of people around the world. An internationally-celebrated and dedicated teacher, Peter's instruction model works to engage all modes of learning by offering a blend of visual presentations, live demonstrations, and hands-on practice sessions. For more information, see Peter's full bio here.
— SUGGESTED COMPLEMENTARY COURSES —