Natural Mushroom farming:
Growing Fungi Outdoors and off-grid
Estimated final cost: $195
Fungi are the great designers of all environments, slowly transforming the natural world over vast time scales to increase vitality and biodiversity through the unique ecological roles they perform. Fungi are critical to the health of natural systems, and through our human labors we can work to bring them closer into the design of our lives and landscapes.
In this course, you will learn how to incorporate fungi into a variety of outdoor settings and homesteading systems.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- Fungal garden design and maintenance
- Log-based (e.g. Shiitake) mushroom farm design and infrastructure
- Integrating fungi into permaculture, food forest, and whole system designs
- Soil (mycorrhizal) fungi cultivation techniques
- Fungi in no-till systems
- Fungi in animal care and husbandry
- Working with micro fungi to enhance composting systems and plant root health
- Constructing outdoor fruiting environments
- Long-term planning for on-site substrate production
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to spread the many benefits of fungi throughout their backyard, farm, or homestead, while maintaining the highest ethical standards in holistic design. This course is also an ideal complement for anyone pursuing studies or careers in food production, land and resource management, animal tending, and general mycological studies.
— IN return —
When you join this course, you will receive:
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of UHD video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)
— About the instructor —
Peter McCoy is the founder of MYCOLOGOS® and the author of Radical Mycology: A Treatise on Seeing & Working With Fungi, one of the most comprehensive books on accessible mycology written to date. For the last 10 years, Peter's unique approach to working with fungi has brought him to present to tens of thousands of people around the world. An internationally-celebrated and dedicated teacher, Peter's instruction model works to engage all modes of learning by offering a blend of visual presentations, live demonstrations, and hands-on practice sessions. For more information, see Peter's full bio here.
— SUGGESTED COMPLEMENTARY COURSES —